Saturday, October 24, 2009

When an account gets deleted where does clicking on the nickname lead you?

When you close your Yahoo account does the Y!A profile remain? I know the questions and answers do but if you click on the nickname would you go nowhere or to the old profile? Do points remain and would the person remain in the leaderboard or top answerers?





This is just for my general info and has nothing to do with me.
When an account gets deleted where does clicking on the nickname lead you?
You go to a page that says'Oops, the information you require is not available'. I think you stay on the leaderboard, as I got people contacting me on an acc that had been suspended for 12 months, also a best answer for that acc %26amp; it showed I was still on level 6 %26amp; had all my points. So why won't they let me have it back? Who knows?
Reply:Hi.





Let me see if I understand your question correctly.





You want to know if I close my own Yahoo! Answers Account ( My Email account, actually) will the account remain on Yahoo! Answers, along with its points.





Your answer is yes.





Once you terminate your own account, it gets deleted within 99 days, but the account will remain on Answers, and the points stay with the account as well.





When you click on an account that was deleted by the creator rather than by CC for CG or TOS violation, you will be taken to a page that displays a message that says:





" Oops


The user you've specified does not exist on Yahoo! Answers. You may have clicked on an invalid link, please try again later."





See link for example:





(Click)


http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt...








Conversely, the only way to locate someone's account that was deleted is by going through someone's else profile network where the deleted account is attached ( i.e. if you were my contact, your account can be located through my profile network)








I hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive