Wednesday, October 21, 2009

How can I transfer a WoW character to another account?

My boyfriend has been using my account to play WoW. He has his own account, but he's picky about characters he makes and gets bored of them quickly and hence his account is not active at the moment.





Anyway, he's made a character on my account that he's quite fond of and I'm thinking that he'll want to play with me using this character.





Blizzard state that you can only move characters between accounts if you own both of them. Is there any way that I can move his character to his account?
How can I transfer a WoW character to another account?
Both accounts will need to be in your name in order to transfer his character, otherwise Blizzard may see it as a ToS violation.





If you check in your account management their should be an option called 'Paid Character Transfer' If you have both accounts in your name you should be able to transfer his character over, but they will charge you for it.
Reply:I believe you must have the same last name to transfer toons between accounts. My husband and I had that dilemma. He had a rogue on my account and I had a mage on his. We just switched we when wanted to play them. My account was originally an old friends when I first started playing 3 years ago. So they weren't the same last name.





But, I don't think you're going to be able to switch them. If you still aren't sure petition a GM in game and ask them. They will be able to tell you.





The reason they don't let you do this is so people don't have a chance to sell their characters and make money off of their game.





Edit:


If he likes this new character he made. have him activate his old account and start a new toon. He is most likely not a very highlevel. And they have made it fairly simple to level a lot faster than they used to. You could also help him quest until he gets the level he needs to be. It shouldn't take long for him to get it the level it is now. Unless it's 80. Then it might take a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive