Monday, October 12, 2009

I want to open a basic checking and savings account. Which bank is right for me?

I'm 18, and trying to save money for college and expenses. I would like a checking account that has a high compound interest rate, so I can get the most out of my savings. Does it make sense for me to open an account through Charles Schwab, even if I'm not some big investor?





Or does anyone know any other banks that might be good for me?
I want to open a basic checking and savings account. Which bank is right for me?
A basic checking and savings account will not give you high compound interest rates.


Interest will be very low or non existent.





Check you closest , convenient for you bank, and ask about their accounts and fees


They will all be the same as other banks.
Reply:Well with your basic accounts you're probably not going to be making any high interest. I don't think that you should be concerned about that. I would have to say that smaller banks are easier to work with and are more friendly. I think smaller banks also give you more functional services, whereas bigger chains give you more perks. I think it would also be important for you to take an account out with a bank that has a place you can go to when your at college and when your at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive