Tuesday, May 25, 2010

What can I do to take a derogatory for collection account off my credit report when I never even got the bill?

I moved out off my aparment in November. I never got a letter from the apartment complex afterwards or any type of bill or correspondence. I had a credit score of 764 and suddenly it dipped to 670. I bought a credit report to see why and discovered:





Original Creditor: SANDSTONE APARTMENTS


Responsibility: Individual


Condition: Derogatory


Original Balance: $108


Balance: $108


Date Opened: 01/24/2006


Date Reported: 05/04/2006


Remarks: Placed for collection





Is there anything I can do to get this off my record and get my score back to where it was???
What can I do to take a derogatory for collection account off my credit report when I never even got the bill?
The reality is that you might not be able to do much. Any derogatory accounts CAN be taken off your credit history ONLY if they are reporting something untrue and incorrect. In your case, the appartment complex might say that they did send you notices or that it was in your agreement therefore everything is correct and true.





I suggest you pay off the full amount to the collection agency. You really cant try to fix the problem with the appartment complex because they have handed over this account to a collecitons agency.





A collections account will stay on your report for 7 years of last activity.





If you would like more information about derogatory accounts and more go to www.Jrealestate.blogspot.com and read the article titled "How long will collections or other derogatory information stay on your credit report?". You will find it in the December 2005 issue.
Reply:In Australia we have a rental bond board. Do you have to lodge a bond with Sandstone Apartments? It is difficult to offer help from where I live. I can only think that you would have all your payments on your credit card statements? If so, could your bank give you copies of payments to your landlord?You need proof obviously that you don't owe them money. Do you have an office of Fair Trading in US?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive