Sunday, May 23, 2010

Can you tell me how I can transfer my checking account from one bank to another bank?

Actually, the one I have my checking account with is a credit union the other is a bank. So can you tell me how I can transfer all of my checking account into this other bank %26amp; close my account with the credit union?
Can you tell me how I can transfer my checking account from one bank to another bank?
The one method you can ALWAYS use is to go to the credit union and close the account. Then take the balance an deposit it at the bank. While you are there ask if they can electronically transfer the money to the bank. You will have to give them your account info, but there is little risk unless the credit union employee is a crook. No matter what method you use, the ONLY way to actually close the account is to contact the credit union.
Reply:Wait til all oustanding checks clear at the CU. Get a cashiers check for your remaining balance from the CU and deposit it at the new bank. Contact any company that does ACH credits or debits to your account (payroll direct deposit, gym memberships, car insurance, etc)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive