Tuesday, May 25, 2010

How can I find out which collection agency holds my account and their address???

I'm trying to figure out what collection agency holds my account. Is there any way to do that? They called me on the phone once, and I got to see first hand how they will treat ppl to get money as fast as possible. I was advised by a consolidater not to talk to them on the phone at all. The consolidater couldn't really do much to lower my payments to the collection agency, so he told me to just mail them what I could in payments until I could get the entire amount to them. Only problem is I never got the name or address of the collection agency and I don't even have the number to them anymore. I want to mail them (so I have paper copies of everything) and ask them to send me something that shows how much I owe and where it all comes from (intrest, etc...) and also to mail payments. Can anyone tell me how to find out which IOWA collection agency would have my old credit card account? Thanks!
How can I find out which collection agency holds my account and their address???
You can order a credit report and your creditors contact information will be on there.


Once you contact them I suggest trying to settle for a lower amount. Keeping good records is very important, however, do NOT mail the company personal checks, try using money orders (that way they do not have your checking account information). Or giving them any of your work information- They can uses these pieces of information to garnish wages, of levy bank accounts if you end up not paying them in full.
Reply:I'd say don't worry, they'll find you. If your getting calls though, it only makes sense that they provide you with an address to mail payment. You need to tell them to send you a bill with a total amount due, the interest being charged and give you a date payment will be due. Keep very good records of payments made. If your making regular monthly payments, they need to stop calling you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive