Tuesday, May 25, 2010

How do certain websites send out weird ads to email account contacts?

Once a contact on my aol account emailed me and said that gaiaonline sent her an email with my gaia account requesting her to join gaiaonline. Thing is I didn't sign up with this email so I'm not sure how this occurred. If you know, can you please tell me and tell me how to prevent this from happening in the future?
How do certain websites send out weird ads to email account contacts?
There are many ways spammers get E-mail addresses. From stealing them, buying them from lists, and even making them up with automated equipment.


There are no guarantees, but you can fight it.


The only way to keep yourself safe from them getting your information, is to make sure you do not give out your information to anyone.


Only open mail when you are absolutely certain who send them, and treat all others as spam.


Go only to wedsites that you know are safe and can be trusted.


If at a website and you must sign up for something, check the entire page to make sure you uncheck any lines wanting to send you notices, info, or ads.


Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive